Vicarious Trauma: The Impact of Secondary Trauma Exposure
Time & Location
About the Event
Helping professionals are regularly exposed to intense human experiences that involve struggle, trauma and big emotions. As we hold space for the suffering in the other, it can sometimes seep into our own experience and cause vicarious trauma which eventually contributes to a profound shift in the helper's perception of the world and personal safety. This interactive workshop, informed by current research, explores the nature, dynamics and risks of vicarious trauma and teaches participants effective and practical strategies for managing indirect trauma exposure.
THIS WORKSHOP WILL HELP YOU:
- Identify risk factors, symptoms and the effects of vicarious trauma and secondary traumatic stress
- Understand the trauma exposure response
- Develop strategies for processing trauma and building resilience
* This workshop will be recorded and available for viewing for 2 week after the live workshop.
Ready to sign up? Select how many tickets you'd like below and then add your contact information at the checkout.
You may register for multiple people in one order by providing their name and email address.
Have a couple code? Enter it on the next page when registering after checkout.
- Online Workshop$19.99+$2.60 HST$19.99+$2.60 HST0$0