Motivational Interviewing: Supporting the Helping Professional Navigate Conversations about Change
Time & Location
About the Event
Presented by Special Guest: Kelly Tabor, MSW, RSW, Member of the Motivational Interviewing Network of Trainers (MINT)
Helping professionals want the best for the people they provide support to, and often feel a sense of responsibility for the outcomes and change associated with their clients/patients. At times, this can lead to an elevated risk for burnout and frustration within the helping relationship. Motivational Interviewing is an evidence-based highly researched approach which supports helping professionals gain clarity on their role and boundaries within the helping relationship, be effective in conversations about change, and for many act as a protective factor in their psychological wellbeing as a helping professional.
This workshop will help you:
- Learn about the underlying dynamics at play within the helper/recipient relationship.
- Understand what is most helpful to those we provide support to who are within the context of change.
- Clarify our role by learning what we are, and are not responsible for.
- Learn about the foundation or SPIRIT of Motivational Interviewing, and how this supports behaviour change.
- Take away a few beginning practices central to Motivational Interviewing which help facilitate the process of change and communicate clear boundaries.
* This workshop will be recorded and available for viewing for 2 week after the live workshop.
Ready to sign up? Select how many tickets you'd like below and then add your contact information at the checkout.
You may register for multiple people in one order by providing their name and email address.
Have a couple code? Enter it on the next page when registering after checkout.
- Online Workshop$19.99+$2.60 HST$19.99+$2.60 HST0$0